NEW WEBSITE UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND WILL BE COMING SOON!!!WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
It is managed by a committee of residents whose vision is for local people to receive the same opportunity as all other communities to live healthy and fulfilled lives connected to, and caring for, their environment.
HHEAG's Mission Statement
Our mission is to:- Provide opportunities and support for people in South Bristol to engage in a range of health related and environmental projects, which contribute to healthy and sustainable lifestyles.
Promote an understanding of, and skills development in, the benefits of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle through:
- A comprehensive programme of food-based activities from plot to plate
- Structured support
for adults to reduce mental and emotional stress in their lives
- Providing access and support for local residents to engage in health promoting physical activities, which have a low environmental impact
What we do
- Cooking courses
and nutritional advice; healthy eating on a budget for families and people managing a diet-related condition
- Food For All food co-op; increasing access to affordable healthy wholefoods and local organic-quality fruit and vegetables which are, where possible, fairly-traded and with low 'food miles'
- Food growing opportunities at our community gardens, supporting local people in learning new skills about growing without the use of chemicals or artificial fertilisers
- Positive Minds: structured support for adults to reduce the impact of mental and emotional stress in their lives
- Walking for Health with the Hartcliffe and Withywood Amblers to promote physical activity and wellbeing
- Stop Smoking: A smoking cessation service aimed at anyone living in the Dundry View Neighbourhood area who wants to stop smoking. HHEAG will work alongside the current provision of services from Smokefree Bristol.
Our ValuesIn all our work we value:
- Actions to redress health and social inequalities
- An integrated approach to health, wellbeing and environment
- Everyone's right to access fair priced healthy food
- An environmentally sustainable approach
- Commitment to ongoing sustainable regeneration
- A Community Development approach in all our work
- A Commitment to Equalities